Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 no longer works, need assistance

Kaze
Tutor

CAX80 no longer works, need assistance

11/29/21 at 1:40AM I lost connection to wifi/internet. I have not been able to reconnect modem/router since.

I have xfinity internet and have checked outages and also signal to the modem. I can send a reboot message to the modem from the xfinity app and it shows connected when it is on and unconnected when I had it unplugged.

I had tried multiple times to reset/factory reset the device using multiple method 30/30/30, 7-15 seconds unplug sit for 2 mins, 1 hour etc still would not reset the device.

Prior to all that the wifi 2.4/5ghz were illuminated and network would display just no connection just a public assigned address in the 169.254 range

Now, I have top 4 lights illuminated power, up/down stream, and internet. No wifi lights and everything is solid. From time to time it will restart but I cannot turn on the wifi or any other buttons on the front of the device.

Nighthawk app is useless except I can restart the device even though it says it is not connected.

Thank you in advance any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 no longer works, need assistance

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page when you post in the other forum.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
Kaze
Tutor

Appreciate it, I contacted support and did an RMA.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements