Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 — Orbi WiFi modem/router refuses to connect to a specific domain

bhiggs
Aspirant

CBR750 — Orbi WiFi modem/router refuses to connect to a specific domain

I have a strange issue. I have been webmaster for a particular website for years, and have rarely had problems connecting to it.

But over the past few days, I cannot connect to my website (or any other website within the same domain, souheganvalleychorus.org), from any device in my home that is connected to my home router, an Orbi. It simply times out. I have done a traceroute, and that tells me that the request makes it to a Dreamhost server in Portland, Oregon, but then it does nothing more.  I have other websites, and this domain seems to be the only one with this problem.

I've contacted my Internet provider, Comcast/Xfinity, and they found nothing on the router that could explain domain rejection. Dreamhost support tells me that the website is up, and they seem unable to figure out what the problem might be.

I then went elsewhere (my church), to see whether a different internet connection (different modem/router, Wifi), and it connected without any problem. So that convinces me that it's my modem/router.

But I have no idea what to do to fix the problem. 

I have found another entry in this Community that seems to be a similar problem (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/I-can-not-access-one-certain-domain-that-I-n...), but the solution doesn't seem to work for my modem/router. I cannot find a way to change the Router Mac Address, as described in the solution there.

Can someone please help me?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750 — Orbi WiFi modem/router refuses to connect to a specific domain

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi With Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi with cable modem and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
bhiggs
Aspirant

I thought I had found the correct place, Thanks for letting me know. I reposted it there.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

No worries. Will ask for this to be moved or deleted. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 5

@bhiggs wrote:

I thought I had found the correct place, Thanks for letting me know. I reposted it there.

This is as a good a place as any to ask a generic question like that.

Life's too short to dash off on a wild goose chase. Good luck. Be prepared for next to no answers over in the other place. This area gets much more traffic.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7