Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 no internet

net1a
Aspirant

CM1000 no internet

On October 2nd 2021 my interntet stopped working.  No device in my home can conect to the internet.  I had Comcast come out and they told me the signal is going into the modem but nothing is comming out. Before he left he said that there was a problem with the last update netgear sent out and that I shoulld contact them.  I can not find a way to contact them unless i pay for the support.  I am hopping the community might be able to help me.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 no internet

I've got xfinity and a cm1000. Not had an issues. 

The techs response is always "its not our lines".

If you log into the cm1000, get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs. Those help us check the signal and if its getting a signal. 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Thank you.

@net1a wrote:

On October 2nd 2021 my interntet stopped working.  No device in my home can conect to the internet.  I had Comcast come out and they told me the signal is going into the modem but nothing is comming out. Before he left he said that there was a problem with the last update netgear sent out and that I shoulld contact them.  I can not find a way to contact them unless i pay for the support.  I am hopping the community might be able to help me.

Message 3 of 7
net1a
Aspirant

Thank you i will try and post there

Message 4 of 7
net1a
Aspirant

I tried a hard line from my computer to the modem but could not get in

Screenshot 2021-10-08 114916.jpg

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru
plemans
Guru

Are you able to ping the modem?

What are all the led's on the modem doing? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7