Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1150V Connectivity Issues

timdavis9194
Tutor

CM1150V Connectivity Issues

I installed a Netgear CM1150V modem in April with an Orbi mesh wireless network. Was working beautifully until a couple of weeks ago. Now, I have to do a power off reset at least once a day as it just loses connectivity. The event log shows 30 instances of critical level 3 no response received events...today. Any ideas what's going on? This is ridiculous. Will a factory reset help this?
Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 6

@timdavis9194 wrote:
Now, I have to do a power off reset at least once a day as it just loses connectivity.

What "loses connectivity"? The modem disconnects from the Internet? The (unnamed Orbi) router disconnects from the modem? Wifi devices lose a connection? Wired stuff loses the connection?

@timdavis9194 wrote:
The event log shows 30 instances of critical level 3 no response received events...today.

The exacting wording in the log is?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Depending on what is really going on, you could also try:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 6
timdavis9194
Tutor

The modem loses connectivity. I verify that my provider is transmitting to the modem and get the message cannot connect to the modem. The Orbi is still transmitting...so the signal is lost at the modem.

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=28:80:88:d2:8d:40;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:63:0a:50;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Fri Dec 18 21:39:01 2020 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=28:80:88:d2:8d:40;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Fri Dec 18 21:38:59 2020 Warning (5) Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=28:80:88:d2:8d:40;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Message 3 of 6

@timdavis9194 wrote:
I verify that my provider is transmitting to the modem and get the message cannot connect to the modem.

What shows that message?

What do the LEDs on the modem show when this happens? The ones to look for are the Downstream, Upstream and Online LEDs.

@timdavis9194 wrote:
The Orbi is still transmitting...so the signal is lost at the modem.

Again, that is not very clear. It can be "still transmitting" wifi even though it has lost the Internet connection to the modem.

Message 4 of 6
timdavis9194
Tutor

I believe it was the upstream light that wasn’t on the last time.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

do you have screen snips of the cable connections page and the logs? These are key as we look at several things in conjunction. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenautors, I'd remove them for testing. also check the coax cable for kinks, damage, loose/cheap connectors, or even cheap coax. I've had things like moisture in a line cause issues before. so its always good to try moving the modem to right where the coax enters the home to prevent issues in the home from being the problem. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7