Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 RMA issues

mseries
Aspirant

CM1200 RMA issues

What the hell does this mean? UPS lost my return a year ago on a router and now I'm being punished when I need warranty work for my modem. What poor customer service when you need netgear. I have so many netgear devices but I'm starting to feel really bad for spending my money on this crappy company and what makes it worse is no one there understands anything youre saying, I will NEVER buy anything from this company. I hope no one else does either. Good thing I have a large youtube channel, I will be speak about this on youtube. Netgear has my credit card and I had to pay for shipping to get a RMA replacement but refusing to send the replacement until I send the defective product first. So what I'm not going to have internet for weeks?? What is netgear smoking?? 

"We are writing to you today with regard to your replacement request with RMA # 3547294.

We regret to inform you that this RMA has been cancelled due to the unreturned faulty unit with your previous RMA # 3435011.

Please note that we can only approve another replacement request once the return of the faulty unit from the previous RMA have been completed.

Yours in service,

Chris Olpindo
Customer Care Advocate
NETGEAR, Inc."

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 RMA issues

"UPS lost my return a year ago" Did you make contact with UPS? This should have been done first thing if you were give Tracking information. Once it's in UPS hands, its there responsibilty to find there mistake and help fix this. 

Your just posting about this now after a year has gone by? 

FYI, you need to keep in touch with NG support first and foremost regarding RMA support and ensure the process is being followed and the support gets closed to your satisfaction while your working with support. Keeping in contact with them on a daily or couple days a week to ensure things are going well for you. Don't just stop the contact and let it run. Users should be proactive in takling with NG frequenly until the the process comes close for your satisfaction and then close the support ticket. 

Message 2 of 11
mseries
Aspirant

Acutally my bad it was fedex and I went to the store where I dropped off the router and they said they cant help. They told me to have NG call fedex to file a claim since they setup the shipping. I called NG told them the story and that was it, never heard back. Now I'm being held hostage for a warranty issue on something totally different. I cant disconnect my entire home network for a few weeks. I've called NG for a few days now and I cant speak to someone who actually understands what I'm saying. ether way its fine, I ordered a new modem from arris. I will never use netgear for anything. I'm going to return my recent WAC540 AP's that I purchased. I dont want anything to do with NG. What kind of company gives you 3 months of support and when you need support after they want you to pay for support. What makes it worse is that they wont do a warranty replacement w/o truobleshooting the product which makes sense right?? No the lady said I need to buy support because its been 6 months which I refused and on top of that now they are holding me hostage for something I didnt have anything to do with. I cant stand this type of service. I also bought a RAX120 router not to long ago that is sitting in my closet bcause it cant handle all my 100 plus devices.I also have to POE switches and I've bought 3 other routers with them in the past few years which I indent to replace as well with a different brands. If I was you I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM NETGEAR!! Not worth the headacke..

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try contacting a forum moderator. 

@vkdelta 

@Christian_R 

I haven't had any issues it NG support. Though FEDEX didn't loose my RMA either. Have several products from NG. Hasn't been a headache for me. Though I would be frustrated by this. 

I would have had whom ever was handling the RMA at NG work with FEDEX to fix that. I would have asked for escalated support as well. 

Good Luck in your endevors. 

Message 4 of 11
mseries
Aspirant

Thanks, someone from NG read this and called me to apologize and mentioned she will create a new RMA and will have one sent out ASAP. So I get the link I pay another 16.90 and guess what.. I get anohter email from this Chris guy again and I cant even reply to him.. What is wrong with you!! Now I'm being charged 16.90 3 times, So now I gotta chase them on this refund too.. I really cant wait to get my new arris modem so I can put this behind me. I know people are dying out there and here i am writing about this.. Frankly I understand whats happening and I'm not too worried about losing a couple of hundred bucks but just wanted to share my experiance with people. Being a long term customer with Ng or just first time no one should go through this.. I'm not asking for much. We really rely on this modem to work espcially at this time when I have kids at home trying to get homework done from home. 

We are writing to you today with regard to your replacement request with RMA # 3549187.

We regret to inform you that this RMA has been cancelled due to the unreturned faulty unit with your previous RMA # 3435011.

Please note that we can only approve another replacement request once the return of the faulty unit from the previous RMA have been completed.

Yours in service,

Chris Olpindo
Customer Care Advocate
NETGEAR, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Have whom ever contacted you, tell them that they need to be in contact with this Chris person to make sure the RMA is bring processed correctly. Someone up the line is not looking futher into this and needs to be clear up. Be sure you let them know that UPS lost the modem during shipping and it was no longer in your hands after UPS took control of it. 

You might send a PM to the forum moderators I included in this to see if they can help you resove this. 

I agree, this isn't good support. 

@mseries wrote:

Thanks, someone from NG read this and called me to apologize and mentioned she will create a new RMA and will have one sent out ASAP. So I get the link I pay another 16.90 and guess what.. I get anohter email from this Chris guy again and I cant even reply to him.. What is wrong with you!! Now I'm being charged 16.90 3 times, So now I gotta chase them on this refund too.. I really cant wait to get my new arris modem so I can put this behind me. I know people are dying out there and here i am writing about this.. Frankly I understand whats happening and I'm not too worried about losing a couple of hundred bucks but just wanted to share my experiance with people. Being a long term customer with Ng or just first time no one should go through this.. I'm not asking for much. We really rely on this modem to work espcially at this time when I have kids at home trying to get homework done from home. 

We are writing to you today with regard to your replacement request with RMA # 3549187.

Yours in service,

Chris Olpindo
Customer Care Advocate
NETGEAR, Inc.

Message 6 of 11
mseries
Aspirant

I don't have the ladies contact info but maybe she'll follow up again. 

Thank you 

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What it from ad moderator here in the forums or sent from a email to you? 

Message 8 of 11
mseries
Aspirant

Not exaclty sure but she did say she read this forum.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully someone will look a bit deeper in to his. 

Message 10 of 11
mseries
Aspirant

Hopefully. Thank you 

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7