Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2050V vs CM1150V connection speed

Rickjuarezg
Aspirant

CM2050V vs CM1150V connection speed

I was connected with a modem CM1150V with port aggregation 1+1Gbs with a router RAX200, and the speed was reading 1100 to 1200 Mbs or 1.1 to 1.2 Gbs. I decided to change it to the CM2050V and connect to the 2.5GBS. The speed on the router is now 400mbs to 500mbs. But what it does not make sence is that I have a computer wire connected to the Modem and it is reading 950MBS. Faster than what the roouter is stating. The reason I changed the CM1150V is the constant reboots I had to do with that modem. Is this normal? Why the speed in the router went down? All cables are CAT 7 or above.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CM2050V vs CM1150V connection speed

What firmware is on the RAX200?

Try factory resetting it and reinstalling it. Leave qos, access control, parental controls, and traffic monitoring disabled. 

I had a few issues with the RAX200 dropping speeds to the 400-500mbps but usually it was fixed with a factory reset and clean install. 
I change router setups/settings around a lot and found the RAX devices respond favorably to it. 

also, how are you testing speeds? Some sites struggle to saturate gigabit. 

The built in app isn't accurate >500mbps. 

Message 2 of 4
Rickjuarezg
Aspirant

Router firmware Version V1.0.3.106_1.0.58 which is the latest. Modem firmware is controlled by the ISP (Xfinity). The speed test is mostly done either the build in the phone Nighthawk application which I think is by Ookla. Althoug for the computer, I ran the Xfinity speed test or the speed test net. Most importantly my upload speed test seems to be the same and that is more important. For home working there is a need to upload computer aid files or 3D models which unless I completly change the system and service it will remain in 50 to 60 GBS. I did a factory reset and re-loaded. But the readings are the same.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Rickjuarezg wrote:

Router firmware Version V1.0.3.106_1.0.58 which is the latest. Modem firmware is controlled by the ISP (Xfinity). The speed test is mostly done either the build in the phone Nighthawk application which I think is by Ookla.----don't use the speedtest through the nighthawk app. again, its not accurate >500mbps Althoug for the computer, I ran the Xfinity speed test or the speed test net. Most importantly my upload speed test seems to be the same and that is more important. For home working there is a need to upload computer aid files or 3D models which unless I completly change the system and service it will remain in 50 to 60 GBS. I did a factory reset and re-loaded. But the readings are the same.

Have you tried downgrading the firmware a version? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7