Can I replace one of the R7000 antennas with a high gain external 2.4ghz antenna

1grizzy
Follower

Can I replace one of the R7000 antennas with a high gain external 2.4ghz antenna

I live on a farm and need to extend the range on my R7000. I have an Amped wireless AD14EX 2.4ghz directional antenna. Will this work/help, and Does it make any difference which of the three antennas I replace?

Message 1 of 3
Jim769
Luminary

Re: Can I replace one of the R7000 antennas with a high gain external 2.4ghz antenna

If your going to use a single band antenna then it's probably a good idea to disable your 5 GHz band because the single band 2.4 Ghz will not match properly to the 5 Ghz band and could cause the radio to over heat and possibly burn out. As far as what antenna to replace it with i have no clue maybe someone else knows this. 

Message 2 of 3
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Re: Can I replace one of the R7000 antennas with a high gain external 2.4ghz antenna

There are many dual band high gain antenna's on the web or ebay. I haven't tried them since they make the signal more directional, and that is not something I need.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements