Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I run Nighthawk r8000 without ethernet cable to router

AcC8braman
Follower

Can I run Nighthawk r8000 without ethernet cable to router

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is a really silly question:-

I have just bought a AC3200 as my house is built with stone so the walls are thick. Now, where the ISP router is, is a daft position, so having the netgear ethernet to it might not assist me.

I was hoping to place the ac3200 somewhere else and have it wirelessly connected to the ISP router - is this possible or it needs the ethernet cable plugged in all times?

Again, sorry if this is a daft question but I cannot find the answer trowling the internet?

Thanks

Steve

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can I run Nighthawk r8000 without ethernet cable to router

Hello Steve,

@AcC8braman wrote:

I have just bought a AC3200 as my house is built with stone so the walls are thick. Now, where the ISP router is, is a daft position, so having the netgear ethernet to it might not assist me.

Routers as primely built as routers, and can (more or less sophisticated) be re-configured to some Wireless Access Point mode.

There are purpose designed Wireless Extenders for this purpose, however this requires an existing very good wireless coverage to about the half the way from where you want the other wireless coverage added.

Said that, an AP does require a wired connection.

@AcC8braman wrote:

I was hoping to place the ac3200 somewhere else and have it wirelessly connected to the ISP router - is this possible or it needs the ethernet cable plugged in all times?

A network cable does always make a much better connection than any wireless, especially on massive buildings.

Does this help?

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7