Re: Can NOT login to R7000 router www.routerlogin.net

ljfab
Initiate

Can NOT login to R7000 router www.routerlogin.net

I want to change the settings on my router. I go to WWW.routerlogin.net.

I can login and see the radio buttons, but the center of the screen just spins (Chrome) or it says "Can not load page, check the web page address".

My login name and password are correct, because it logs me in, identifies the R7000 and shows all the buttons. It just does not let me do anything.

I am connected to the router by LAN. I have rebooted the router and my laptop and cleared the cache. I have done this, because I have been logged in and then logged out and the only way to log back in was to reboot everything.

Still I can't do anything.

I need to login to the router to change the priorities because I am streaming Netflix on a WIFI TV and it kills my PS4 online gaming (bad lagging) which is connected to the Nighthawk by LAN.
Message 1 of 7
Temporel
Novice

disable your VPN or use 192.168.1.1
Message 2 of 7
morinzo
Aspirant

I have to use internet explorer now..
Message 3 of 7
Temporel
Novice

morinzo wrote:
I have to use internet explorer now..

are you also rjfab ?

Why would you have to use Internet Explorer anyway ? Are you using a proxy ?

And what's wrong with using IE if its only for accessing your router ?

And btw, routerlogin.net is a "gimmick" made by netgear so you dont have to remember the router's IP address. I have never used it and I dont see why anyone would do.
Message 4 of 7
ljfab
Initiate

I am not rjfab...funny though, no one else in the fab's know what a router is let alone post on a forum.

A more clear explanation of my problem, plus some details I left out of my original post follow (sorry for the length).

I was trying to log into www.routerlogin.net and I was going to play with the Upstream QoS for my PS4 and was going to make sure I did NOT have Downstream QoS activated for Netflix. I never have streaming or buffering issues with Netflix (on WIFI TV), but when I stream Netflix it kills my PS4, which is on LAN to router.

I tried MANY times but can NOT login www.routerlogin.net properly. I tried from a laptop, then read online that you should connect to the router with by LAN and I tried this several times as well. Sometimes I can login and see the radio buttons, but the center of the screen just spins (using Chrome) or it says "Can not load page, check the web page address" (using IE). My login name and password are correct, because it logs me in, identifies the R7000 and shows all the buttons. It just does not let me do anything. This is the same whether connected by WIFI or LAN. I have rebooted the router and my laptop and cleared the cache. I have done this, because I have been logged in and then logged out and the only way to log back in was to reboot everything (because otherwise either EI or Chrome won't load the www.routerlogin.net page or bring up the login screen). I went into my Network settings on the laptop and confirmed the Gateway IP address is 192.168.1.1. I went to Command pinged 192.168.1.1...4 packets sent and received, average time 0ms (1ms, 2ms, <1ms, <1ms).

I did try 192.168.1.1 (instead of routerlogin.net) and had the same issues.

I have tried two different laptops as well.

The only other thing I found online was comments to reset the router to factory settings, but most people were saying that this did not work, so I did not want to try it and go through the time to re-setup the router if the probability of success was low.

Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 7
Temporel
Novice

ljfab wrote:
I am not rjfab...funny though,

it was a typo
Message 6 of 7
RogerSC
Virtuoso

ljfab wrote:

The only other thing I found online was comments to reset the router to factory settings, but most people were saying that this did not work, so I did not want to try it and go through the time to re-setup the router if the probability of success was low.

Assuming that your router isn't broken, or wedged in some unfortunate way (equivalent to being broken, as far as you're concerned), your probability of success is very high if you reset your router to factory defaults. In fact, if doing a reset to factory defaults doesn't solve your router admin access problem, you most likely have a broken router. Yes, you will have to re-configure your router, but after a reset to factory defaults you will be able to log in and change any setting that you need to.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E