Re: Can activity/port lights be switched off on R7000?

psychopomp1
Novice

Can activity/port lights be switched off on R7000?

Hi
To all those who have the R7000, are you able to switch off the port lights? Otherwise will DD-WRT firmware (when its released) allow you to do this?
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Light activity is either in router GUI to control or hardware design.

Issues with light deals must be end somewhere. In the past model people complain that can't sleep because of the light deal and Netgear respond and now "if" there is not option to turn it off there must vast people complain that no LED is bad idea

I say cover it up if you don't like the led or put elsewhere that is not going to in your vision 🙂

Or

If DD-WRT will do that then join DD-WRT forum and ask around ... I think someone asked DD-WRT avaliability week or two and it is not out.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
Lexist2112
Luminary

Let me chime in on this here is the link for a DD-WRT FW

Read all the posts and see what other users have experienced. I know someone has OFFICIALLY donated a R7000 and the DD-WRT community is working on a FW
Message 3 of 4
Bytecrawler
Aspirant

Probably old news by now but in case someone stumbles on this forum from a search engine, the ability to turn off the LEDs was added to the firmware in V1.0.3.24_1.1.20. See http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24603/~/how-do-i-disable%2Fenable-the-led-lights-on-ne...
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E