• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Luminary

Can an owner confirm these questions?

Can anyone telnet into the r7000 and see if the processor is running at a 1 Ghz clock since the manual states 800 Mhz and also confirm if both cores are being used with this model?
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Can an owner confirm these questions?

I would try, but I'm unable to enable telnet on the R7000. I get an error saying 'send failed: 10057'. I suspect it may be due to the fact I'm currently running it in AP mode. If I have some time tomorrow, I'll try to investigate further to get an answer for you.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Guide

I was able to Telnet into the router and run 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' today. Both cores appear to be enabled, but I'm unable to see what frequency their operating at. Am I missing something? Here is the output I received:

Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 1599.07

processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 1595.80

Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Guide

can you do

nvram get clkfreq
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Guide

BusyBox v1.7.2 (2013-09-17 09:12:20 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

# nvram get clkfreq
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

If you can do a "top" command to the router OS, and it shows non-zero load averages to both cpu's at some point (may have to wait a while), that would indicate that both cpu's are in use. There's probably other commands that I'm not remembering that you can use to see if processes are running on both cpu's.

Although, I'll bet that'll be part of the review on "SmallNetBuilder.com" when Tim gets that one reviewed.
Message 6 of 6