Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can no longer get internet access to my tvs using Nighhawk X6 AC3200

traveler72
Tutor

Can no longer get internet access to my tvs using Nighhawk X6 AC3200

Hey guys, as of yesterday my tv's (ALL 3 of them) can no longer access the internet thru my Nighthawk AC3200.   I have connection to the router but not the internet.... Can anyone give me some insight on why and what I need to do to get it to work again.    I am able to hit the internet with my other devices...Iphone, computer, watch, tablet  Just not the TV's, they worked the day before and now bam none will connect. 

On the router I did the following trying to trouble shoot:

- Rebooted

- Factory Reset

- verifed firmware was up todate

- verified time zones

- Reset TV's multiple times

- unplugged Router and let set for several hours

Please help! 

Thanks in advance!   

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Can no longer get internet access to my tvs using Nighhawk X6 AC3200

If its connecting, try a different dns server for the router. 

try googles at 8.8.8.8  or 8.8.4.4

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Which firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway do you use? 

do they work hardwired in? is it only wireless they don't work?

Is it specific apps that don't work or all of the apps?

Message 2 of 8
traveler72
Tutor

Firmware Version V1.0.4.62_10.1.74

I have fixed wireless service, as I live in the country. 🙂   I called my IP and he verified he sees no issues on his end and sees data flowing when I am on my computer.

As for the TV's I have not hardwired, but they did access the internet when I connected them to the hotspot on my phone.  I could stream like I normally do.

On the TV I go thru the settings to connect to wireless network  and it connects to the Router with no issue, it just says no internet connection.    But the router does have internet connection...as my laptop and other devices are running that way.   Also the light on the Router says there is internet connection.

It is just the TV's and they all stopped connecting to the internet at the same time.   Again all can connect to the Router just no internet connection.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

If you connect your router in ap mode, do your devices still work? 

Some of the antenna setups use a centrally located router at the broadcast location. this can cause a double nat issue. 

Message 4 of 8
traveler72
Tutor

Oh my goodness, I changed the settings to ap mode and lost internet all together, so I had to hard reset the router.   I am no longer in ap mode.  But,now the TV still connects to the router  but now says I have internet connection, but none of the apps will open.    So I got one step further but still no bueno.   

anything else I can try.....is there any type of settings in the router I should be looking at?   I am not router tech savy by any means and honestly have no idea what 75% of the settings mean but I can check or uncheck things.   I would think something had of changed the night before or yesterday morning for my tv internet connection to just stop working.   

My last resort is to go buy a new router, which I really do not want to do.  so if there is anything else I can try please let me know.  Thanks a million for your direction.  

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

If its connecting, try a different dns server for the router. 

try googles at 8.8.8.8  or 8.8.4.4

Message 6 of 8
traveler72
Tutor

Thank you!!!! That worked.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 8 of 8