Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not connect to MyQ

Leodee
Aspirant

Can not connect to MyQ

Background: I moved in a new house with a brand new MyQ garage door opener. I set up my  internet with SuddenLink and connected MyQ to the Suddenlink wi/fi router. Everything worked perfectly.

I thought I could improve my wi/fi by replacing the SuddenLink wi/fi router with the Nighthawk AC1900. I easily transferred my two phones, two TVs and two laptops to the AC1900.

The problem is I can no  longer connect the MyQ to the AC1900. At first the MyQ would discover the AC1900 but failed when I entered the password. (Same password us on my other devices and what is shown on the AC1900).

I subsequently reset both the MyQ and the AC1900 and now I can not discover the AC1900 at all.

On the AC1900 it states "This product does not support Home Phone Services....." Would this be a contributing factor for not working?

Can you recommend another wi/fi router that will connect to MyQ in case the one I have now is incompatible?

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can not connect to MyQ

What is the product and model# of your NG router? AC1900 isn't a model#.

Did you set up the same SSID name and PW on the NG product as used on the other router? 

Message 2 of 9
Leodee
Aspirant

Sorry, the model is C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC 1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router. On the box it says C7000-100NAS.

No I did not change anything and at this point do not know what the SSID I was using. I set up all my other devices using the Netgear info.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

When your setting it up, is your phone connected to the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz?

Make sure your phone is on the 2.4ghz as MyQ is a 2.4ghz devices. 

Message 4 of 9
Leodee
Aspirant

Yes, all are connected to 2.4. The 5g does not appear as an option. I guess I will have to talk to the MyQ people.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

are you using any special characters/spaces in the ssid/password? If so, I'd remove them. 

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

Another question. My in-laws MyQ uses a hub that the primary unit connects to. Does yours have that?

Message 7 of 9
Leodee
Aspirant

No, I use the ID and password that came with the router. No special characters. And, the MyQ connection is not a hub.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Have you tried changing the ssid/password? 

What MyQ model is it?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7