Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not open certain ports on NightHawk R7000

Bredtwest
Follower

Can not open certain ports on NightHawk R7000

I am trying to open some ports on my NightHawk R7000 router to access IP cameras that are within my LAN from the outside (WAN).  After I open the ports in the Port Forwarding page of the router's web interface (NETGEAR genie), I run CanYouSeeMe.org to test the ports.  Other than port 80, 8080 and a few others, all of them give a failed status (i.e., they are not Open).

Questions:

1) Is there any reason my router might not be opening the ports, even though it shows they are open on the web interface?

2) I wondered if my ISP could be blocking all of those ports somehow, so I asked them.  They said they are not blocking anything.  So, does anyone have an idea how to test my router port status without having to go through my ISP?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Can not open certain ports on NightHawk R7000

Hi Bredtwest,

Connect your device directly to the modem and check the status of the ports. If failed, you should contact ISP to check if ports are blocked.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Bredtwest,

Connect your device directly to the modem and check the status of the ports. If failed, you should contact ISP to check if ports are blocked.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Bredtwest,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7