Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Login except through Access Anywhere

JSlocum
Aspirant

Can't Login except through Access Anywhere

I can't seem to find an answer so hopefully someone can point me to one or help.

I had to factory reset my router because I wanted to change to a different channel and forgot the login info.  Everything was working fine prior.  I reset the router using the button on the back, once that was done I used the Nighthawk app to set it back up using only the defaults.  After that was finished and my network was back up, I used www.routerlogin.net to setup my network name and security code. (using the same info as it was prior to reset to avoid resetting all my devices)

Now, my network is working fine, but I cannot login to my router using www.routerlogin.net/com, the IP address in the browser or using the Nighthawk app.  Neither one of them find or connect to the router.  Once the app is unable to locate the router and the "Issues connecting.." message pops up, I can select "Connect using Access Anywhere" and it connects.  I'm guessing maybe I have a setting that needs to be changed?

I'm getting ready to add a mesh extender, so I would like to solve the problem and have the app and router login function normally.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JSlocum
Aspirant

Re: Can't Login except through Access Anywhere

Yes I did, thank you.  Actually, I found that in another thread finally.  That's what corrected it.  Everything is working fine and I was able to add the mesh extender with no issues.  I guess you can't have both local and remote access. But, I also read that it may be able to be used for exploits so I'm probably better off without it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JSlocum
Aspirant

I forgot to add that for www.routerlogin.net/com I did clear cache, tried a different browser, etc.  And, on the app side I cleared data and uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to disable the Access Anywhere and then try the IP address?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
JSlocum
Aspirant

Yes I did, thank you.  Actually, I found that in another thread finally.  That's what corrected it.  Everything is working fine and I was able to add the mesh extender with no issues.  I guess you can't have both local and remote access. But, I also read that it may be able to be used for exploits so I'm probably better off without it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7