Re: Can't access & do reset to factory default

fmotycka
Aspirant

Can't access & do reset to factory default

On my second router (replaced by Netgear under warranty after original failed. Replacement less than 6 months old) and attempted the new firmware patch. Firmware failed to install and now the router is dead. Power light is on and the ethernet port that I am connected to is lit. However no wi-fi or internet connectivity or even access to the router. I have attempted the factory reset several times with no success. I have been a long time user of Netgear products but the continuing problems I am having with their routers makes it doubtful I will buy another Netgear product.

If anyone has a suggestion that could revive this router, it would be most greatfully appreciated.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Markley
Aspirant

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Only the power light and ethernet port lights lit.  Not at all able to do the factor reset - no response.  The reset is not working.  No way to communicate with the router.

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

try this: https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

Routing: NETGEAR RAX43 - Firmware: V1.0.11.112 (1 Gbps down, 50 Mbps up)
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 16 TB
Message 3 of 4
fmotycka
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice but I had no luck on reset to the factory default using these instructions. I also tried the 30-30-30 procedure with no success. After this attempt, I let the router power up to where I only had the amber power light displaying. I tried to flash again using the TFTP2 program and it appeared to be working however the completion bar would only to about 50% before restarting the update process again. No matter how many times I let TFTP2 run I could never get beyond this 50% level.

Unless there is another idea, I've accepted that this nearly new router is toast. I'm really disgusted that Netgear would release a firmware upgrade, continously remind me via email to upgrade to this new firmware, and then have this upgrade render my router useless. I don't know if I have warranty options since this was a replacement to an earlier failed unit.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E