Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access netgear app on IOS devices

robweis62
Tutor

Can't access netgear app on IOS devices

I have the Nighthawk X6S R7960P AC3600 Tri band router.  I can access my account's control panel through a computer.  I have two questions

1. for more than a year since I bought this router - I used the App on my iphone and ipad to access the router.  It's no longer letting me in.  It asks for the password, then an admin password.  I use the same passwords that I use to access it on the computer.  I get error messages saying its timing out and to reboot the device.  Rebooting did not work.  I also uninstalled the app...and reinstalled it. 

When I did this - it sent me a text message for two factor authentication...but then did not let me in.  how do I resolve this?

2. I wanted to run a firmware update as I'm on 1.4.1.68.  From the control panel, I clicked on the firmware update.  I clicked through the options and set off the install.  The page just blinked the message "downloading and updating the language table, please wait for approximat one minute..."  I waited 20 minutes and nothing happened.  Any suggestions?

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't access netgear app on IOS devices

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6

@robweis62 wrote:

2. I wanted to run a firmware update as I'm on 1.4.1.68.  From the control panel, I clicked on the firmware update.  I clicked through the options and set off the install.  The page just blinked the message "downloading and updating the language table, please wait for approximat one minute..."  I waited 20 minutes and nothing happened.  Any suggestions?

If possible avoid using apps to update firmware. Also don't use wifi unless you have to.

Experienced users prefer a manual update.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Be warned, though that the R7900P has had more than its share of firmware problems.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – R7900P firmware

No idea why you were told to "go away" and visit the apps section to fix this problem. Firmware is well and truly a router issue, best dealt with here.

Message 3 of 6
robweis62
Tutor

michaelkenward - thank you for your response to the firmware update.  Knowing there are issues with the firmware update - i guess i will hold off.  I will hold on to this for future updates.  Thaks for the kind response

Message 4 of 6
robweis62
Tutor

Furrye38 - thanks for this pointer.  Seems like a lot of people are having issues.  I guess i will wait for a fix.  Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully NG will get things fixed. 

You can reach out to NG support as well to let them know about what you experience as well. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7