Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access wifi at all, R6120 — AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router

Kdawg19
Aspirant

Can't access wifi at all, R6120 — AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router

Model: R6120 — AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router

My Wi-fi was working flawlessly on my computer and phone, but for some reason it stopped working on the smart TV. I tried to restart it to make it work on the TV, and I updated it and I may have hit the reset-button. Now I can not do anything with it. If I log in to my nighthawk app, I can't do anything because I'm not connected to the network. I have tried eveything, turning it on and off again, disconnecting the cords and putting them back in, but it just seems that nothing seems to be working. Has anybody exprienced anything similar? What can I do?

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't access wifi at all, R6120 — AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router

Some more details might help. 

are you able to see the ssid broadcasting? 

What firmware is on the router?

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

what are the led's on the router doing (all of them, color/blinking/etc)

Are you able to log into it and access the router through the browser? 

Details are key in helping. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 7

@Kdawg19 wrote:

Model: R6120 — AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router

My Wi-fi was working flawlessly on my computer and phone, but for some reason it stopped working on the smart TV. I tried to restart it to make it work on the TV, and I updated it and I may have hit the reset-button. Now I can not do anything with it. If I log in to my nighthawk app, I can't do anything because I'm not connected to the network. I have tried eveything, turning it on and off again, disconnecting the cords and putting them back in, but it just seems that nothing seems to be working. Has anybody exprienced anything similar?

Is all the wifi bust? Or do you mean that you can't get the TV to connect to the wifi?

When everything else is working properly, this is usually down to the TV. The last thing you should so is to start messing around with the wifi.

The router just provides wifi. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

The TV's controls are the place to look.

Message 3 of 7
Kdawg19
Aspirant

Hi, yes I'll try to provide some more details.

I am not able to see SSID broadcasting
The firmwear would be nighthawk (if thats what you mean)
The modem/gateway is just an outlet in my apartment building, but I've tried to connect my laptop to the outlet via ethernet cable and it works just fine
Now the LEDs, the power one is blinking yellow/green slowly and continously, and all of the other ones are not doing anything at all

I am not able to access the router through the browser as routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com both take me to https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/, and nothing happens when I enter the suggested IP adresses in the browser (although maybe this can be solved somehow? I am using chrome)

I have tried most of the support sites and everything, but it just seems like nothing is working, not even resetting it. Maybe I should try to send an email or something?

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
Kdawg19
Aspirant

At first it was just the TV, but now the wif-fi itself does not work. The internet works (ethernet cable connected to the modem) but not the router

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Disconnect the router from the wall. 

Then push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

then hardwire a pc/laptop into it and try to set it up again. don't plug it into the wall again. 

Who supplies your internet connection?
Is it a group connection supplied by a condo/apartment association?

Message 6 of 7

@Kdawg19 wrote:

The firmwear would be nighthawk (if thats what you mean)

Nighthawk is just a labe for these things. The firmware is the computer code stored in the memory of your router. Netgear updates this from time to time to fix bugs, close security holes and sometimes to add features.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual on updating the firmware.

Now the LEDs, the power one is blinking yellow/green slowly and continously, and all of the other ones are not doing anything at all

This is bad news. If you check the bit in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs, a blinking power LED is a sign of broken firmware.

First try this:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

There is more severe, recovery reset, that you could try:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If that fails, you are into TFTP country.

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This isn't the easiest operation, so if you are forced to use it, you could try a web search to find videos that guide you through the process.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7