Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't assign printer an ip address

Aymeric_Moreau
Aspirant

Can't assign printer an ip address

I'm trying to configure a Canon TS8120 printer. I don't have an Ethernet port so I can only connect wirelessly.

In attached devices, Nighthawk sees the printer, and sees the printer's MAC address, but assigns it no IP address.  The printer is also designated "Allowed" access, in access control.

Access Control panel.pngThe MAC Address is correct (9C:32:CE:2E:B0:5E).

When I check on the printer, it gives  me an IPV4 Address in the default specified address pool (198.168.1.11).

Under LAN Setup I added a reserved unique IP for the printer ( 192.168.1.11) assigned to the printer's MAC address, but that didn't help--when I look at "attached devices" there is still no IP assigned to the printer as shown on the screenshot above.

The printer is listed as a 2.4GHz connection. 

The only specific configuration I made on the router is the DNS Server configuration to use OpenDNS Vs my ISP's... but it should not have any impact.

Even the printer setup can see the printer from my laptop, without IP

Canon Install Screen.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Aymeric

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Aymeric_Moreau
Aspirant

I solved the issue.
to address your question : there was no conflict.

to solve the issue : I have reset the router to factory settings, then reset the WiFi Password, and all the sudden, it gave the printer an IPAddress.

So all is good.

Thx for your help

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

I'm wondering if another device is at 192.168.1.11?

If you are reserving an IP Address you are better off doing it outside of the DHCP range. That clearly avoids a collision and possible problems.

So set the DHCP addresses to start at 192.168.1.12 or set it to end at 192.168.1.49 and set the Printer's fixed IP address to be 192.168.1.50. Not sure if the Printer's DNS servers would be an interference or not, but you could test with 192.168.1.1 as them I guess as well.

Message 2 of 3
Aymeric_Moreau
Aspirant

I solved the issue.
to address your question : there was no conflict.

to solve the issue : I have reset the router to factory settings, then reset the WiFi Password, and all the sudden, it gave the printer an IPAddress.

So all is good.

Thx for your help
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7