Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect to the internet

erik161
Aspirant

Can't connect to the internet

I can connect to the internet on all devices (Phones and Laptop), but I can't conntect to the internet on both of my tablets (Samsung Tab2).

It sais Connect, no internet. I tried to switch to another canal, but still no internet. If I connect the tablet to my other modem, I have internet.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

IMG_2921.JPG

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

@erik161 wrote:

I tried to change the IP adres to static, but I don't know which IP adres I should use. I'm a bit of a noob.

If a wireless deivce can't associate and establish the communication to a wireless access point (here on the router) it won't get a valid/workable network config - subsequently, everything else will fail. Trying to fix an IP address could proof - choose any unused one (see Attached Devices) - could proof. But serioulsy, I doubt this will help anything - and create more troubles when being on the road with the mobile/tablet/laptop.

@erik161 wrote:

The firmware of my router is:  V1.0.9.12

Netgear went through several iterations since to recover from various connectivity issues, check https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx for the current firmware download, as of writing it's 1.0.9.28.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
LW545
Aspirant

check on your tablets to see whether they are getting a DHCP address assigned on your network, I've been having issues lately where my devices either aren't being assigned an IP address or are being assigned one on the wrong network, and have had to go in and set static IP addresses on them. This has particularly gotten bad after upgrading to firmware V1.0.1.44_10.0.28 on my R6900.
Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi erik161,

If those tablets are connected to a different network, can they go online?

What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Advanced -> Security -> Access Control configured in a way prohibiting the Internet access to some devices?

Message 4 of 7
erik161
Aspirant

Thnx for all the help, but I'm still having problem.

I tried to change the IP adres to static, but I don't know which IP adres I should use. I'm a bit of a noob.

I tried to find the security option in the netgear genie application, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware of the router. I think the problem started by upgrading it.

many thanks

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@erik161 wrote:

If a wireless deivce can't associate and establish the communication to a wireless access point (here on the router) it won't get a valid/workable network config - subsequently, everything else will fail. Trying to fix an IP address could proof - choose any unused one (see Attached Devices) - could proof. But serioulsy, I doubt this will help anything - and create more troubles when being on the road with the mobile/tablet/laptop.

@erik161 wrote:

Netgear went through several iterations since to recover from various connectivity issues, check https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx for the current firmware download, as of writing it's 1.0.9.28.

Message 6 of 7
erik161
Aspirant

The new firmware did the job. Thnx!!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation