Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to the router

ajstein612
Aspirant

Can't connect to the router

I have a new laptop that was previously connected to my Nighthawk X6 R8000.  Something changed that I cannot determine, but I am no longer able to connect.  Other devices can connect to my Nighthawk including my iPhone, Alexa, etc.  My laptop can connect to other networks, but not the Nighthawk.  Normally I would think it is a laptop issue, but if the laptop can connect to other wireless networks, I want to believe its the Nighthawk.  By the same toekn, other.

The other devices connect to the 5ghz network but the laptop can only see the 2.4ghz network, Is it possible the 2.4 network is the issue?  Is there a way to reset the router to factory?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Can't connect to the router

Hi ajstein612,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi ajstein612,

1. Are you getting any error message when trying to connect to the network?

2. You can reset the router via the button at the back panel of it. Press it until the power turns amber?

Message 2 of 4
ajstein612
Aspirant

thank you.  i will try that.  i was trying to avoid that as other devices easily connect to it, but that is probably a good option

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi ajstein612,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7