Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect

edrerivers
Aspirant

Can't connect

What would be the next step after going thru all 3 pages of the troubleshooting tips and it's still not working? Router just stopped working, and it no longer appears as an option under the Wi-Fi settings on any of our devices. Cable technician also tried to assist just to make sure it was not their modem, and it was not, as soon as they connected a different router...we are back online. What are the steps for the hardware replacement as I am still under a year? Thank you

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't connect

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Do other devices work thru the router? 

Check with NG to see what your warranty is on the router. 

If it's not in warranty, may need to be replaced. 

Message 2 of 6
edrerivers
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded? V1.0.4.120
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Arris Model TG1682G and Spectrum/Brighthouse

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Yes

The only warranty remaining is the hardware warranty. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Your modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended and can cause problems with connecting external routers. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router. 

Message 4 of 6
edrerivers
Aspirant

You are correct, the technician from spectrum, made sure that it was still set up and bridged correctly as modem only as requested years ago and it was nothing on their end. I ruled spectrum before reaching out to you however, I think I know what I need to do thank you for all of your assistance. 

Message 5 of 6
wcalifas
Prodigy

Try pressing the wifi button on top of the router for 3-5 seconds and see if the wifi comes back on. I think its one of the LED's on the right of the router.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7