Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't download VPN configuration files

sduttonusa
Tutor

Can't download VPN configuration files

I'm trying to setup a VPN through my router.  I log into my router (I've done this through different computers using different browsers) and click to  turn on the VPN service under Advanced . . . when I click to download any of the three options for the configuration files (Windows, non-Windows, Smart Phone), I'm given the login dialog box again.  So I put in my username and password, click OK, and I'm presented with the login dialog box again . . .  it's an endless loop . . . I cannot get passed this.  I've even tried typing in the default password (password) . . . doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
sduttonusa
Tutor

Re: Can't download VPN configuration files

It's a bug in the firmware.  I downloaded previous firmwares one at a time . . . couldn't download the Configuration Files until I went back to 1.1.4.6 firmware.  I downloaded the files, set up my VPN, updated the router to the latest firmware, and the VPN works fine.  Hopefully, the developers can fix this.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
sduttonusa
Tutor

Re: Can't download VPN configuration files

It's a bug in the firmware.  I downloaded previous firmwares one at a time . . . couldn't download the Configuration Files until I went back to 1.1.4.6 firmware.  I downloaded the files, set up my VPN, updated the router to the latest firmware, and the VPN works fine.  Hopefully, the developers can fix this.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7