pdes
Guide

Can't edit device names in X10

Firstly, apologies if this is a repeat.  I thought I had posted a few days ago but can't see it!

My device list on the "connected devices" list shows a number of n/as.  When I edit the name in the Access Control screen and hit "apply", the screen blanks as you would expect but when it refreshes, the update hasn't been applied.

Can anyone explain why these edits aren't being applied?  I have rebooted a number of times but to no avail.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
pdes
Guide

Re: Can't edit device names in X10

I have attached a screen shot from the excel sheet I used to annotate some of the missing names.  As you will see, I am still looking for some!

Cheers

Message 2 of 6
pdes
Guide

I get that some of the names are not "sent" to the router and that's poor but to have to option to edit and add your own description and then not have that work properly is I think, shoddy programming.  With a device of this "quality" and price, surely there should be more attention to detail.

Message 3 of 6
russauld
Tutor

I upgraded my R8900 to the latest firmware 1.0.2.52 and I cannot change the names of the devices attached to the network.

When I try to change the name or the device type and press apply, I get an http error:

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

There are other threads on the forums that report this problem with the last couple firmware versions. I cannot open a support ticket right now, so I'm just posting here hoping that someone from Netgear hears the complaints.

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi pdes,

Do you still have issues with the latest firmware of R9000?

Message 5 of 6
pdes
Guide

I could not get the router to allow name tag editing with various firmwares and in the end, Netgear advised that I should change the router, which I did.  The problem was not evident on the new router with the firmware straight out of the box (v36).  While all is stable, I don't intend upgrading.

@JamesGLwrote:

Hi pdes,

Do you still have issues with the latest firmware of R9000?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements