Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't find router in Wi-Fi settings

NeedFixBro
Aspirant

Can't find router in Wi-Fi settings

Yesterday i woke up and didn't have Wi fi all out of sudden i wasn't able to find it in my settings. The day before that it worked perfectly fine. But i had to go to school and wasn't able to look further into it at the time. Came home and tried turning it on and off to see if that would do the trick, unfortunately it didn't so i went downstairs and rebooted my main router, didn't do it either. Was getting late and was getting frustrated so i went upstair and used my Mobilr data for the rest of the evening. Woke up today, overslept and didn't go to school. So i wanted to look further into the problem. I checked the cable with my laptop and it worked fine itself. Tried to put the cable in a different spot in my main router. Tried the reset button on the back. Nothing worked. And most solutions i looked up all included the fact that people could connect/find the router in their settings. But i can't, not in my wifi settings nor netgear app nor nighthawk app.

Thanks in advance
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Can't find router in Wi-Fi settings

Any other devices connected wirelessly? If not, there IS a button on top that would TURN OFF WIFI... is that pressed? It is 2nd from the right next to the WPS button. If not lit, it IS off.

==============

Pressing this button for two seconds turns the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi radios on and off.If this LED is lit, the WiFi radios are on. If this LED is off, the WiFi radios are turned off and youcannot use WiFi to connect to the router

===============

Maybe on and you have a different problem, I'd assume a power off/on would have reset that?

I assume by settings you mean after logging into the router and looking at the WIRELESS SETTING and making sure it IS broadcasting with that setting on?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Any other devices connected wirelessly? If not, there IS a button on top that would TURN OFF WIFI... is that pressed? It is 2nd from the right next to the WPS button. If not lit, it IS off.

==============

Pressing this button for two seconds turns the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi radios on and off.If this LED is lit, the WiFi radios are on. If this LED is off, the WiFi radios are turned off and youcannot use WiFi to connect to the router

===============

Maybe on and you have a different problem, I'd assume a power off/on would have reset that?

I assume by settings you mean after logging into the router and looking at the WIRELESS SETTING and making sure it IS broadcasting with that setting on?

Message 2 of 8
NeedFixBro
Aspirant

The button helped me, i didn't know what they were for tbh. But somehow my router still performs really bad. Like, i can surf and all but i can't login to it on my Netgear and Nighthawk app. And i can't get it to play music on my sonos even though both phone and sonos connected to that router
Message 3 of 8
NeedFixBro
Aspirant

3 cables are connected in the back aside from my modem's cable. Port 1 and 3 are showing red led's and port 2 is showing a white led
Message 4 of 8
IrvSp
Master

Start a new thread for these. Instead of "can't" though fully describe what you are trying to do with what connected to what and what happened after you tried what.

Message 5 of 8
IrvSp
Master

@NeedFixBro wrote:
3 cables are connected in the back aside from my modem's cable. Port 1 and 3 are showing red led's and port 2 is showing a white led

I'll assume you mean router, not modem. You should read the manual, you can find it on the SUPPORT page, enter the router model and the chose DOCUMENTATION. All that is explained in it.

Actually RED/ORANGE means it is a 100Mbps cable connection. Not unusual for many devices. WHITE is a 1Gbps connection, usually a PC. However if you are not using a good CAT5 cable it could also show RED/ORANGE depending on length. On the Router Genie Web page on ADVANCED TAB you can also see this on the INTERNET PORT CONNECTIONS page.

Message 6 of 8
NeedFixBro
Aspirant

By modem i mean the source of internet. I use a nighthawk as extender. Because playing videogames on a 0-2 bar top's wi-fi isn't the best thing to do. Hope this clears out a bit more of the situation i'm in. My internet is fast everywhere except for the Netgear and Nighthawk app's?
Message 7 of 8
IrvSp
Master

I'm getting quite confused here?

@NeedFixBro wrote:
By modem i mean the source of internet. I use a nighthawk as extender. Because playing videogames on a 0-2 bar top's wi-fi isn't the best thing to do. Hope this clears out a bit more of the situation i'm in. My internet is fast everywhere except for the Netgear and Nighthawk app's?

Is the modem actually a router too? What mode IS the Router in? Normal or Access Point?

"My internet is fast everywhere except for the Netgear and Nighthawk app's?"

What do you mean? Netgear is what? NightHawk app is a mobile app., what is it on?

Best to start a NEW thread, this one is drifting off, with all the details.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7