Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get past the register page

Hewww22
Aspirant

Can't get past the register page

Model R7450. Bought the router new about a year and half ago. Had to do a reset because WiFi wouldn't come on. Now I can't re register something I bought and payed for and it won't get on the net without going through with their stupid registration. I put in my email which it recognized but the password is wrong. Tried doing a password reset and it says something about captcha. And that is as far as it will get. Is there anyway I can bypass their " website registration" so I can use something I payed for without them knowing what kind of underwear I have on? If not, can anyone recommend a good router company that doesn't require you to log into their website for something you payed for? In the old days I put the ip addresses in and set security and was then able to use my equipment.
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't get past the register page

You can set it up without registering it. 

Use the web browser to go through the setup. 

Message 2 of 5
Hewww22
Aspirant

I tried that using 192.168.1.1 and it keeps going to their registration page.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you see the registration page, input the router IP again into the browser and it should continue past...

Disconnect the router from the modem. Walk thru the setup wizard with out the router being connected.

Message 4 of 5

@Hewww22 wrote:
I tried that using 192.168.1.1 and it keeps going to their registration page.

Could be due to various things, including having a modem/router between your R7450 and the Internet. That can interfere with how the router interprets that address.

As @plemans says, you don't need to "register" the router to make it work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7