Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log into WiFi from Android phone.

jpeters4877
Follower

Can't log into WiFi from Android phone.

I'm trying to set up my sister-in law so she she can log into her wifi using a new android phone. I know the password is correct (I've loged into and out off the Router successfully several time). But When I enter the WiFi password on her Android phone, it says "Incorrect password". I know I'm using the correct SSID name becuase I confirmed it with her ISP.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't log into WiFi from Android phone.

What model NG product do you have to confirm? 

You marked your post as having a C7000? IF this is the product, please post about this over in the Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't log into WiFi from Android phone.

@jpeters4877 wrote:

I know I'm using the correct SSID name becuase I confirmed it with her ISP.

The wifi SSID and password are nothing to do with the ISP.

If you have the C7000 modem/router, the Netgear will have given the device its own SSID and wifi password. Look for them on a label on the bottom/back.

You can change the defaults and set the SSID and the password to whatever you like.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Specify Basic WiFi Settings or something similar.

@jpeters4877 wrote:

I know the password is correct (I've loged into and out off the Router successfully several time). 

Logging into the router how? The password for controlling the router is not the same thing as the password for the wifi.

Can any device connect to the wifi from the Modem Router? You need to rule out the Android phone as the problem.

It can help to tell the mobile phone or other wifi device to forget previous connections to the wifi source, the router. That will wipe out old passwords and settings from the connection that the phone might store in its memory. How you go about the "forget the connection" process is down to the phone you are using.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7