Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t login

Jimmybhere
Aspirant

Can’t login

After joining Wi-Fi network it goes to genie login . Can’t login . Need help around this
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can’t login

You gave us nothing to go off.
What NG product are you referring too? 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 7

@Jimmybhere wrote:
After joining Wi-Fi network it goes to genie login . Can’t login .

Can't login to what?

Message 3 of 7
Jimmybhere
Aspirant

I resolved the problem. I couldn’t get pass the genie admin login on my laptop, iPhones and tablets. When I tried logging into the Wi-Fi, the genie admin login popped up and I couldn’t get pass that. Stated the contents were blocked. I finally tried logging into the Wi-Fi through the fire stick on my tv and it took the genie login information which cleared all the other devices. I guess there was some security with the other devices which didn’t allow the genie admin information to get pass. It’s fixed but a weird problem that just popped up. Never had that problem before.
Message 4 of 7

Glad it worked out, but we still don't know what Netgear devices you own or which genie was blocking you.

Generally, the use of apps, if that is what you are talking about, depends on first connecting to the wifi from the router. Then you may face an invitation to login to the router. That's a different password.

Message 5 of 7
Jimmybhere
Aspirant

I have a nighthawk c7000v2. The example was using my iPhone and joining the Wi-Fi with it. After joining the Wi-Fi, a second screen popped up showing the genie admin login. After entering the required fields , I hit next and the message popped up saying content was blocked. This happened on all the other devices except the tv with the fire stick which fixed the problem. Odd thing is a Samsung tv connected to the Wi-Fi didn’t lose connection during this whole time. It’s fixed so I’m done. Not sure if all this will help for a similar problem someone else might have.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7