Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't save file in Word to Readyshare USB drive

bryanboling
Aspirant

Can't save file in Word to Readyshare USB drive

I've got a 500GB external HD connected to my R700 router's USB port. I can open documents in Word (Mac OS X Yosemite) and edit them, but when I try to save them, I get an error message that says "There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost." However, I can save it to my MacBook's internal HD and then copy over to the external drive using Finder and it works without any problem. Is there a setting I need to change? This is very frustrating as I keep most of my work documents on the external HD and so anytime I edit one, I have to save it to the MacBook and then copy it over, overwriting the old version, then go and delete the copy from the internal HD.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bryan

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
bryanboling
Aspirant

Re: Can't save file in Word to Readyshare USB drive

Problem solved. I just upgraded to Office 2016. No more issues.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
bryanboling
Aspirant

Update: this only appears to be a problem in Word. I just was able to access and save an Excel file. I am also able to download files through Google Chrome and save them to the remote drive.

Help! This is REALLY frustrating....

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Try adding the ReadyShare drive to Office's trusted location list.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-remove-or-change-a-trusted-location-for-your-files-f...

Message 3 of 6
bryanboling
Aspirant

Hmm..this doesn't seem to apply to Word 2011 for Mac. I've looked around but can't figure out a way to do this. From googling around looking for this, it seems that this is a common problem with saving documents from Word 2011 to network servers. I don't know, but could the same problem be happening here? Is this considered a network server?

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@bryanboling wrote:

Is this considered a network server?

Yes.

Message 5 of 6
bryanboling
Aspirant

Problem solved. I just upgraded to Office 2016. No more issues.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7