Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't set up used Nighthawk R7000

Jonus9512131
Initiate

Can't set up used Nighthawk R7000

Hi,

One of my friends gave me his used Nighthawk R7000, as he had upgraded to something else in the summer as we were having trouble with WiFi range in our old house.  Trouble is I can't set it up as Netgear says it is already registered to Andrew and I can't contact Netgear because the router is out of' 'complimentary help' period being over one year old - pretty useless service and would be really annoyed if I had paid for the router.  Is there anyway to get the router going or is it just a paperweight?

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks,

Jon

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Jon.
No need and zero benefit of registering your router. Use the reset button on the back. Connect a PC to one of its LAN ports and open an internet browser. Navigate to 192.168.1.1.

Log in using admin as the username and password as the password. Now set up the router as your own.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Jon.
No need and zero benefit of registering your router. Use the reset button on the back. Connect a PC to one of its LAN ports and open an internet browser. Navigate to 192.168.1.1.

Log in using admin as the username and password as the password. Now set up the router as your own.

Message 2 of 3
Jonus9512131
Initiate

Thanks so much for the clear advice.  I am not great with these things so really grateful for the help!

Best wishes,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7