Can't update Kaspersky AV databases

WH11TTE
Aspirant

Can't update Kaspersky AV databases

I upgraded my router over the weekend to the X4S R7800 but since then I cannot update my Kaspersky AV database.

When updating it gets to 9% then drops saying 'Internet connection lost'. However, the Internet conection is fine and I can still browse etc on same machine. My PC is a wired connection using powerline adaptors. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Dave

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't update Kaspersky AV databases

Welcome to the community, @WH11TTE

Connect your PC straight to the modem and see if you will get the same result. 

By the way, do you have the latest firmware installed on your router?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 8
WH11TTE
Aspirant

I think I may have found the issue but I am unsure why. I have BT web scanning as part of my Infinity package and when I disabled that service I could run the updates.

What is strange is that the updates worked fine with the BT home hub 5 and my Netgear WNDR3700 that this router replaced. It is only this router that didn't get on with the web scanning upstream.

I also had a number of random websites that wouldn't connect. Sometimes they would work, sometimes they wouldn't but since switching off the web scanning I no longer have any issues.
Message 3 of 8
WH11TTE
Aspirant

BTW - Yes, I updated the firmware to the latest version when I first switched it on.
Message 4 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Perhaps, the BT needs to be set in bridge mode to act as a regular modem and not as a modem and a router since you already have the NETGEAR.

This is to prevent conflict. Contact BT on how to configure their device to be in bridge mode. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 5 of 8
WH11TTE
Aspirant

BT is the ISP. I am not using the Homehub 5 but the web scanning is done upstream at my ISP (not locally). It looks like there is a conflict with this modem and the BT web scanning service.
Message 6 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Give them a call to verify. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 7 of 8
William10a
Master

I think you may have find clue to the great Kaspersky problem I almost that a double firewall is formed by the sercurity features of the router and Kaspersky setting changes it makes to protect your computer. I just remembered problem like this from years ago and windows xp I had a firewall running and the cable installed another. It stop the internet and stop a few web based programs form working.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E