Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't upgrade my firmware

rhyn0man
Aspirant

Can't upgrade my firmware

I haven't had a home pc for a while and am far behind on my firmware upgrades. I just built a new pc and it not letting me upgrade the firmware from the app or downloading from website and uploading through the browser. The firmware that I have now is V1.0.5.70_1.1.91. 

When I upload the file to www.routerlogin.net, It starts the update for a brief second and then it says "The connection was reset".

I do not know what to do now.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Can't upgrade my firmware

Hi rhyn0man,

Reset the router to factory default. Write down all the settings which you changed, since you may need to reconfigure the router manually.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

You should see an image at the top of the first page like this:

new_firmware.JPG

Click on this and follow the process through

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 9
rhyn0man
Aspirant

It is not working either. The GUI takes forever to do the Router Login in Router Settings. When it finally logs in, the update takes forever and does not find anything. I will leave the GUI open for a little bit and see if it prompts itself to update.

Message 3 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Message 4 of 9
rhyn0man
Aspirant

Thats what I did and evertime I click the upload, it starts the process and then instantly fails and says that it has been disconnected. 

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi rhyn0man,

Can you try to use a different web browser or different computer. Make sure to use wired.

Message 6 of 9
rhyn0man
Aspirant

I tried my laptop and same issue. I tried Edge and Firefox and they both will prompt me to enter the UN and PW and then when I enter them, it will not take me to the controls to do anything. The only browser that actually takes me to the Router Bios is Chrome and it fails everytime i try to manually upload the update.

Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi rhyn0man,

Reset the router to factory default. Write down all the settings which you changed, since you may need to reconfigure the router manually.

Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi rhyn0man,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7