Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can the C7000 be mounted?

jpmd70
Aspirant

Can the C7000 be mounted?

Hi,
Can the C7000 be mounted? Does it have holes for screws so it can be attached inside a network box on the wall?
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mediatrek
Virtuoso

Re: Can the C7000 be mounted?

I will say without a doubt you do not want to mount the C7000. In the product design phase it once had mounting holes on the casing, but the hardware inside runs too hot to safely mount the unit. It needs the venting all around it. If you were to mount it with one side against a wall air cannot flow properly. If you do somehow mount your C7000, I can basically guarantee you will overheat it and have a hardware failure, and could even start a fire.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
NightOwl326
Luminary

Message 2 of 5
jpmd70
Aspirant

Obviously I know what's in the box. Has any one mounted it to something so it can be mounted inside a Levinton box
Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

I don't know if the C7000 has mounting holes.  Look at Netgear's generic instructions for wall mounting routers (link).

Message 4 of 5
mediatrek
Virtuoso

I will say without a doubt you do not want to mount the C7000. In the product design phase it once had mounting holes on the casing, but the hardware inside runs too hot to safely mount the unit. It needs the venting all around it. If you were to mount it with one side against a wall air cannot flow properly. If you do somehow mount your C7000, I can basically guarantee you will overheat it and have a hardware failure, and could even start a fire.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7