Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cann't change speed/channel because of same SSID

EvdrS
Aspirant

Cann't change speed/channel because of same SSID

I tried to change the 5 Ghz channel of my Netgear. When I tried to save my changes I got the messages "SSID is already in use, use another name". I never saw this messages before. And now I couldn't save my channel-change. I looks like my router is locked because of the same SSID for 2,4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. The router is in  AP-mode.

The problem hasn't occurred before. I could change bandwidth and channels without any problems with the SSIDs.

Something to do with the new firmware?

Who has a solution?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
EvdrS
Aspirant

Re: Can't change speed/channel because of same SSID

I found the problem. Has to do with Smart Connect. This program was interfering, although it was switched off. When I actived SC I could change my channels and bandwidth. When I switched it off again, I got a new SSID on 5Ghz and everything was locked. That was what didn't want. Therefore I made a downgrade to V1.0.2.68. Problem solved. I think firmware version V1.0.2.80 is not acting very well.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cann't change speed/channel because of same SSID

Have you tried to use another web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
EvdrS
Aspirant

Re: Cann't change speed/channel because of same SSID

Yes, I have tried with Chrome and Firefox. But  the router gives with both browsers the same pop-up with the previous reported message.

Message 3 of 5
EvdrS
Aspirant

Addition: via my android tablet there was the same problem.

Message 4 of 5
EvdrS
Aspirant

I found the problem. Has to do with Smart Connect. This program was interfering, although it was switched off. When I actived SC I could change my channels and bandwidth. When I switched it off again, I got a new SSID on 5Ghz and everything was locked. That was what didn't want. Therefore I made a downgrade to V1.0.2.68. Problem solved. I think firmware version V1.0.2.80 is not acting very well.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7