Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannont connect to network

jgustafson
Follower

Cannont connect to network

I just did a firmware upgrade (V1.2.0.88_1.0.1) to my Netgear R6900V2 and now it is erroring with a network connection.

My setup: 

I have a TP-LINK (192.168.1.1) which is a modem and wireless router. I have an ethernet cable connected to back of TP-link to yellow port on Netgear(192.168.0.1). This has been working flawlessly for several months - until I did this firmware upgrade today. Smiley Mad

I've tried rebooting the Netgear and TP link repeatedly and  in different boot order. I tried switching out the std ethernet cable with the yellow ethernet cable. Ive rebooted ad nauseam and the Netgear REFUSES to connect. The TP-link boots/operates just fine.

The reason for the 2 wireless router/subnet configuration. I have publicly facing ethernet (TP-Link) for customers/tenant to use and I have a private subnet (Netgear) for security system/camera/printer etc. I NEED this setup back onlne ASAP (and of course my support ran out last month). 

If there isn't a way to get this working with the current firmware version, is there a way to restore to the older firmware version?

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannont connect to network

You can reinstall the older firmware. 

What I'd try first it to factory reset the router and reinstall it. 

If that doesn't work, you can reinstall. You go to the support site for your device, click on downloads, then "+view previous version". Download the version you want, extract it. then follow the manual firmware update process but use the older firmware. 

One thing I'd check into is setting up the DMZ on the tp-link for the netgear. That can fix the double nat.

Another option for next time is check into a business grade router/system. then you can setup vlan or network isolation to isolate the tenants from your setup. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6900v2.aspx

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7