Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access admin page on ethernet but other devices can

Del64
Aspirant

Cannot access admin page on ethernet but other devices can

Firmware: 1.2.0.36_1.0.1

For whatever reason my Win 10 machine cannot ping or load the router admin panel. I have tired turnining the firewall on and off again.  I can access the panel with any of my other devices except this one. It also uses ethernet not wifi. Whenever I try to login to 192.168.1.1 I get 

Your Internet access is blocked

Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.

Try:

ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED
Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Del64
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access admin page on ethernet but other devices can

I was chrome. So my windows machine was the only thing blocking it... I booted in safemode and it actually connected fine which tells me some process was blocking it. After process of elimination I am able to access it again. It was really annoying since it would also block my ability to cast to my TV/google home mini

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

which browser are you using? There's a known problem with Edge

Message 2 of 4
Del64
Aspirant

I was chrome. So my windows machine was the only thing blocking it... I booted in safemode and it actually connected fine which tells me some process was blocking it. After process of elimination I am able to access it again. It was really annoying since it would also block my ability to cast to my TV/google home mini

Message 3 of 4

Browsers in general are doing their best to frustrate us and block access to things that they consider to be dangerous.

As @microchip8 says, Edge can cause pain, but Chrome has also cropped up here. That's why most of us use several browsers.

It would be OK if their error messages were a bit clearer.

It is a toss up as to who should fix it. Netgear to "mend" the access security or the browser makers to be a bit more intelligent.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7