Cannot access qos settings

Exist_csgo
Aspirant

Cannot access qos settings

I've tried accessing the smart wizard control panel for my netgear old wireless cable gateway router but there seems to be no qos settings for it. I've used my router's IP to access the wizard. I've searched the whole control panel but there seems to be no qos settings for it.
Message 1 of 6

Re: Cannot access qos settings

What Netgear device is this?

You may have given the forum this information, but it has not passed it on to the rest of us.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
Exist_csgo
Aspirant

It's not a nighthawk Model BTW. It's a CVG824G. well that's what it says on the router. We got it when. We got our internet plan with optus
Message 3 of 6

That's an "own brand" device that Netgear makes for Internet service providers. I doubt if Netgear provides much in  the way of support. That is usually down to optus.

It may be that it does not support QoS.

The design of the thing looks like those really old "DGN" modem/routers that went out of fashion 10 years or so ago. There hasn't been a firmware up date for yours in five years or more.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 6
Exist_csgo
Aspirant

Thanks I'll just buy a new router. Got any good ones I should get?
Message 5 of 6

You will need something that is compatible with your Internet service providers technology. Your old device looks like it is ADSL, which is an old and dying technology.

If you do have ADSL, the a DSL modem/router that does ADSL and VDSL will do the job. Just check the product selection pages for the features you want.

DSL Modems | DSL Routers | NETGEAR

If your ISP has a user forum, you could check which equipment other users have got to work.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E