Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to EX2700

FrankPrice
Tutor

Cannot connect to EX2700

I have installed an EX2700 range exrender that works well but every day it drops out and devices (iphone and laptop) cannot connect to it. I have to reinstall it on our home network (a real pain). When the connection drops out I get this message on my iphone:

Unable to join network ABC_ext - if your network security is managed by WiFi address (also know as MAC address), you my need to turn off private WiFi adress or modify your network settings.

How do i keep mu extended range WiFi stable enough for it to be remotely useful?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot connect to EX2700

1. What router is it connected to? the router is the backbone of the system.

2. What firmware is on the extender? 

3. What method of setup are you using? WPS or the installation assistant?
4. Have you tried changing what wireless channel the router is on? maybe there's interference

5. have you checked the lease times on the router? If its dropping daily, maybe the lease time is set for 24 hours and the router isn't renewing the lease

Message 2 of 4
FrankPrice
Tutor

1. Vodafone smart hub

2. I have no idea and don't know how to find out

3. WPS wouldn't work on initial setup so I  logged into netgear_ext and set it up that way

4&5. I wouldn't know how to do this

sorry  i'm a bit rubbish at this....

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@FrankPrice wrote:

1. Vodafone smart hub---which one? model number on it? vodafone isn't known for playing nicely with others 🙂

2. I have no idea and don't know how to find out---when you log into the extender, it'll have your firmware on the status page. 

3. WPS wouldn't work on initial setup so I  logged into netgear_ext and set it up that way---Good. wps works horribly on ISP supplied devices. the installation assistant is the way to go. 

4&5. I wouldn't know how to do this---you'd want to look at the router manual or contact your isp with help on this. Its their device and they'd be the experts on it. 

sorry  i'm a bit rubbish at this....

might actually get more answers in the extenders forum next time 🙂

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7