× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to XR700 interface in AP Mode

ctwells
Aspirant

Cannot connect to XR700 interface in AP Mode

Main router: wired Ubiquiti EdgeMAX

WiFi AP: Nighthawk XR700

Firmware: V1.0.1.20

My current setup is an Ubiquiti EdgeMAX with an ethernet going to an unmanaged switch and another ethernet (also straight from the Ubiquiti) going to a Nighthawk XR700 in AP mode. WiFi and wired internet throughout works perfect.

Problem: I cannot seem to connect to the DumaOS on the XR700 since it was switched from my main router to an AP. If I use the Nighthawk app on my ipad, it will only find it using the 'Anywhere Access' which lists it as online, which it is. I have tried using the routerlogin.net, routerlogin.com and also using the IP is has listed in the router information of app and I get the 'connection timed out' message. I have tried connecting directly to the XR700 via ethernet to my laptop and cannot reach the DumaOS page by using 192.168.1.1 or the assigned IP of the AP or either of the config URLs of netgears listed above.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot connect to XR700 interface in AP Mode

In AP mode, the XR700 is getting its ip address from the edgemax.

If you log into the edgemax, you should get an attached devices page (or equivelent). 

Look at that page the the ip address it assigned to the Xr700 and try using that to access it. 

Message 2 of 6
ctwells
Aspirant

The XR700 has a static IP from the Ubiquiti (192.168.1.70). When I try to go to that IP I get a timed out message. I have tried accessing the IP via wired and WiFi with the same results.
Message 3 of 6

@ctwells wrote:
The XR700 has a static IP from the Ubiquiti (192.168.1.70).

Do you mean "reserved", as in set by the Ubiquiti? The "static" label, liked fixed, usually refers to the IP address you get from your ISP.

If you can connect to the XR700 by wifi, check the IP address of that connection.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 6
ctwells
Aspirant

When I said ‘static’ I meant that the XR700 IP is reserved as 192.168.1.70 in the Ubiquiti. I have tried to connect to that IP on both wired and wireless connections on multiple devices and it states that the connection timed out.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

factory reset as routerlogin.net should have worked, then, when you go to apply AP mode again select the option to use the fixed IP address and see if it works then.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7