Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to router after firmware update and factory reset

Tieper
Aspirant

Cannot connect to router after firmware update and factory reset

I installed the newest firmware R8000P-V1.4.1.24_1.2.2.0 and reset the router to factory settings. Now it is not possible to login by Wifi. I can login by ethernet and get the message that i have Wifi (see attachment). The wifi led on the router is on but i don't have Wifi from the router.On the screen from Netgear Genie the Wifi part is orange coloured (see attachment).

As i aim Dutch and 75 years old i hope that you can understand my Englisch and help my to solve this problem.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Cannot connect to router after firmware update and factory reset

Only one I have used is an Asus rt-ac86u. Ran well for me with RMerlin firmware. 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
NancyML
Aspirant

Hello Tieper, 

I cannot solve your issue but want to let you know your English is just fine.  I easily understood your router issue as you wrote it.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 13
myersw
Master

When you did the reset you put the router back to where is was when you bought it, default. That means the wireless is whatever is printed on the bottom of the router right now, unless you have logged in to the router via the Ethernet connection and configured it. It sounds like you can login, but have you done a configuration of the router, same steps as new. 

Message 3 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I logged in via ethernet connection and did the same steps as new. As you can see in the attachment i should have wireless connection with the internet. I tried my old firmware version to but with the same results.

Message 4 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

@Tieper wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I logged in via ethernet connection and did the same steps as new. As you can see in the attachment i should have wireless connection with the internet. I tried my old firmware version to but with the same results.

When i start up the router after the factory reset there is no wireless at all. The wireless what is printed on the bottum of the router should be there but is not. The wifi led on top of the router is on.

Message 5 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

@myersw wrote:

When you did the reset you put the router back to where is was when you bought it, default. That means the wireless is whatever is printed on the bottom of the router right now, unless you have logged in to the router via the Ethernet connection and configured it. It sounds like you can login, but have you done a configuration of the router, same steps as new. 

When i start up the router after the factory reset there is no wireless at all. The wireless what is printed on the bottum of the router should be there but is not. The wifi led on top of the router is on.

Message 6 of 13
TerryPh
Virtuoso

There is a newer fw update for R8000P version 1.4.1.30_1.2.26 on NG support website. This should be a good one to update

Message 7 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

@TerryPh wrote:

There is a newer fw update for R8000P version 1.4.1.30_1.2.26 on NG support website. This should be a good one to update

I already installed the new firmware but still have the same problem. (I expected a reaction from a Netgear moderator).

Message 8 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

I aim very sorry that nobody can help me so far and i don't know what to de now. Is there nobody from netgear who can tell me what to do now please?

Message 9 of 13
myersw
Master

Unfortunately Netgear does not monitor everything on this site. 

If you install new firmware the process requires resetting the router and doing a new configure. Do not use a backup config if you have one, must do configure all over again. 

Netgear really needs to address this issue, but so far no. Only  other option is to call support and depending on how old the router is there might be a charge. Personal opinion, throw in trash bin and buy router from another vendor such as Linksys or Asus. 

Message 10 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

@myersw wrote:

Unfortunately Netgear does not monitor everything on this site. 

If you install new firmware the process requires resetting the router and doing a new configure. Do not use a backup config if you have one, must do configure all over again. 

Netgear really needs to address this issue, but so far no. Only  other option is to call support and depending on how old the router is there might be a charge. Personal opinion, throw in trash bin and buy router from another vendor such as Linksys or Asus. 

Thank you Bill and i think that i'll fololow your opinion. Maybe Asus has a router with the possiblitys as the Netgear? Like  OpenVPN server? Do you have a suggestion?

Message 11 of 13
myersw
Master

Only one I have used is an Asus rt-ac86u. Ran well for me with RMerlin firmware. 

Message 12 of 13
Tieper
Aspirant

Thank you all (except Netgear) for your reactions and i have to find another router.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7