Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect wirelessly to my Cannon MX250 with Nighthawk

Digibru
Aspirant

Cannot connect wirelessly to my Cannon MX250 with Nighthawk

I successfully connected to my wireless network with my new Nighthawk. I can print from any device on the network. I have a Cannon MX250 printer that will not connect wirless. I've attempted to connect via WPS and the Cannon reads that it is connected on the face readout of the printer but in OSX Settings it shows not connected. Mac OSX shows sharing turned on in Settings. Printer settings seem to be correct. I can connect to the printer with a cable. Firmware on printer is up to date. 

The printer was previously connected to my Airport Extreme wirelessly.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Digibru
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect wirelessly to my Cannon MX250 with Nighthawk

Turns out the printer was set for IPv4. I setup IPv6 on the printer and all good. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Digibru,

Can you check the IP address of the printer? Make sure it is on the same range as the IP of the router.

Message 2 of 9

You can get the IP address by checking with the Canon IJ Network Tool. At least, you can if it compatible. Mine is the iP7200.

Good luck, you may need it. These things can be beasts to set up.

Message 3 of 9
Digibru
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Wish I would have bought another Apple router. 

Message 4 of 9
Digibru
Aspirant

Thanks, yeah beast is right. I have the Cannon software installed so I'll give that a shot. 

Message 5 of 9

You may find that it is the change of router that is the problem. Going from Netgear to Apple could have been equally troublesome. Even Apple to Apple.

It is down to the way that Canon does things. There have been similar issues posted here with different types of router.

Message 6 of 9
Digibru
Aspirant

Sorry I just saw this response. You got it! After trying a ton of other stuff I finally figured out that my priinter was only setup for IPv4. Once I added IPv6 all was good. 

Thanks I appreciate the response.

Message 7 of 9
Digibru
Aspirant

Thanks I figured it out. My printer was only setup for Iv4 not IPv6. That did the trick. Just one other thing. When I bought the Apple router I was using before I bought the Nighhawk it was a replacing an old netgear.  The Apple nstallation couldn't have gone any smoother. 

Message 8 of 9
Digibru
Aspirant

Turns out the printer was set for IPv4. I setup IPv6 on the printer and all good. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7