Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot for the life of me log in to my account via "routerlogin.net"

Sam_Asbell
Aspirant

Cannot for the life of me log in to my account via "routerlogin.net"

Hi, I tried to log into my wifi via "routerlogin.net" and as of now, it refuses to work.

I forgot my password and decided to click the cancel button on the login banner. It forwarded me to a recovery page, where I had to type the model serial number in order to renew it (fair enough). So I did just that, and when I finished, the continue button that should be colored is grey. I have no idea what causes this, so here's what I tried:

1. I used five seperate devices, phone, tablet, other desktop, etc, none to any avail.

2. I tried using the login under my "Netgear27-5G" and my normal "Netgear27" wifi.

3. I factory reset my router numerous seperate times, each holding the miniature button for approximately 7 seconds.

4. An extension of 4, I tried logging in with the default "admin-password" setup, it again said no

5. I also made sure my ethernet was connected during the login attempts

BTW the device that had Genie originally installed on to it did not allow me to access any network settings what so ever, specifically the one I was looking after which is port-formatting.

If anybody has any more troubleshooting ideas, please let me know. I have searched for hours and all of the suggestions were met with failure.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot for the life of me log in to my account via "routerlogin.net"

@Sam_Asbell wrote:

I tried that, it seemed to take a while to boot back up, which I thought was a good thing, however, routerlogin.net is still not letting me put in the admin-password combination. The power LED is white btw, after letting it boot up fully. Is there any other details you left out of the fac reset process that I should be aware of? 

There is a more thorough "recovery reset" that works for some people.

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 8
Sam_Asbell
Aspirant

My modem model number? It's a surfboard sb6121.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8

Password recovery has been broken on multiple routers, across a large number of firmware for a few years now.  The button remains "greyed' out and no matter what you do,  this won't change.  Known issue, Netgear may never fix.

If you don't remember your password, the only way to regain control of the router is a reset.  If after resetting, you still can't log in, you may not have successfully reset the device, as it might still be retaining the old settings and will not accept admin and password for log in.  Corrupt FW could also be the fault, but let's cross that bridge later.  

What's in front of the Nighthawk is not important for your situation.  If neccessary, a wooden toothpick with the tip broken off is usually one of the best "tools" to use for a reset.  I recommend breaking the sharp tip off because it's easy to miss (even slip off) the reset button in the recessed hole.  I usually <gently> press and hold the reset button in for a period of time until all the LEDs on the router go dark and then come back on.  Then release and allow the router to restart.

On occasion resets can be stubborn and if that happens, I would press and hold the reset button in, then disconnect the power cord (barrel connector) while still keeping the reset button pressed, then reconnecting power and waiting another 10 sec before releasing the reset buttin.  This normaly solves (resets) even the most stubborn routers. 

If after performing the above steps you still cannot log using the defaults, please tell us what the LEDs look lke after the router has been restarted and allowed to boot fully.

Power LED is white, amber, etc... 

Message 4 of 8
Sam_Asbell
Aspirant

I tried that, it seemed to take a while to boot back up, which I thought was a good thing, however, routerlogin.net is still not letting me put in the admin-password combination. The power LED is white btw, after letting it boot up fully. Is there any other details you left out of the fac reset process that I should be aware of? 

Message 5 of 8

@Sam_Asbell wrote:

My modem model number? It's a surfboard sb6121.

Modem only. No router on board.

Message 6 of 8

@Sam_Asbell wrote:

There is a more thorough "recovery reset" that works for some people.

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

Message 7 of 8
Sam_Asbell
Aspirant

Thank you

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats