Cant get a router login page online

KSA123
Follower

Cant get a router login page online

I'm trying to install the latest firmware update. I've tried using the Nighthawk app on my phone, but it can never complete the update.

I can't figure out how to login online. I go to routerlogin.net and it tells me I'm not logged in. I've cleared the browsing history on two different browsers (Firefox and Chrome) and I still keep getting that same screen. No login screen ever appears.

Any ideas on what I could try next?

Thanks.

PS. I looked at some of the other questions on this topic, but the answers were much too complex for me. Also, I'm connected from the computer to the router with an Ethernet connection.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Cant get a router login page online

@KSA123 wrote:

I'm trying to install the latest firmware update. I've tried using the Nighthawk app on my phone, but it can never complete the update.

Try doing it with the browser. Ignore the app.

But if this is the problem:

I can't figure out how to login online. I go to routerlogin.net and it tells me I'm not logged in.

Try troubleshooting that. It could also be why the app doesn't work.

To help with that, it might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

By the way, according to Netgear the R6400 is not strictly a NIghthawk device. That does not mean that the app will not work.

It does mean that discussion of this device is probably best done here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E