Cant give correct answer to a closed post that shows up as 1st Google link

TheComputerMan
Aspirant

Cant give correct answer to a closed post that shows up as 1st Google link

I went through all the trouble of making an account and verifying, and cant even leave correct answer for when other people with same issue are trying to find a solution. WTF?

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Re: Cant give correct answer to a closed post that shows up as 1st Google link

@TheComputerMan wrote:

I went through all the trouble of making an account and verifying, and cant even leave correct answer for when other people with same issue are trying to find a solution. WTF?

Meaningless to me?

You are probably in the wrong place anyway. This is for NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK ROUTERS in this forum. Your device is a WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER, but I also suspect your problem has nothing to do with Netgear at all, but possibly Google with the limited info you provided.

If this is a router setting that you think is part of the problem, what router and what firmware is it running? What settings did you make that seems to be the problem.

What is the reference to 'other people'? Same hardware or same Google problem?

Message 2 of 6
TheComputerMan
Aspirant

I just selected the USB adapter as it was the first thing on list....

But seriously all I was wanting was to give the community an answer to an unsolved issue and because the post im referring to has so many veiws, people with the same issue will still assume it is "unsolved" . Just not sure why a post on here can be closed for new replies but still exist, just seems kind of like a wasted effort to have the new replies cut off on veiwable posts.

I mean I'm litterally just trying to be helpful and can't be. And the post in question is popular enough where I was googling something about my NAS I just set up and first suggested thing is someone on here that was unable to access their routers settings/page. With a "connection refused" output and looks like the dude even went all the way with returning and replacing his router to find out the same issue continues.

I'm not coming out with a Network issue/question just trying to figure out how to give the Netgear community a way to have the correct answer to this particular issue if they've run into it and all other methods mentioned in post havn't worked for them, like in the case of the person origionally asking the question.

Message 3 of 6
IrvSp
Master

@TheComputerMan wrote:

I just selected the USB adapter as it was the first thing on list....

OK, so why did you post here? You initial message made no sense, nor does the subject?

Message 4 of 6
IrvSp
Master

@TheComputerMan wrote:

But seriously all I was wanting was to give the community an answer to an unsolved issue and because the post im referring to has so many veiws, people with the same issue will still assume it is "unsolved" . Just not sure why a post on here can be closed for new replies but still exist, just seems kind of like a wasted effort to have the new replies cut off on veiwable posts.

There is NO link to any issue? What post? Where? Where is it CLOSED? On what forum? You never supplied that? In addition, Googling you subject only found this thread?

@TheComputerMan wrote:

I mean I'm litterally just trying to be helpful and can't be. And the post in question is popular enough where I was googling something about my NAS I just set up and first suggested thing is someone on here that was unable to access their routers settings/page. With a "connection refused" output and looks like the dude even went all the way with returning and replacing his router to find out the same issue continues.

Again, WHAT POST?

@TheComputerMan wrote:

I'm not coming out with a Network issue/question just trying to figure out how to give the Netgear community a way to have the correct answer to this particular issue if they've run into it and all other methods mentioned in post havn't worked for them, like in the case of the person origionally asking the question.

Well, I saw NO ANSWER nor what the QUESTION is as you provided NO LINKS not answer?

Read the initial post here... do you think that explains anything? How would that help anyone who would be searching for the problem?

By the way, in this forum I have never seen a thread marked CLOSED and you can't reply to? I've seen them marked SOLVED, but even then, many have replies after it? Is is possible you meant this to be on another web site?

Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

@TheComputerMan wrote:

Sounds like you are complaining about the FORUM SOFTWARE... Marking something SOLVED can be done by the one reporting the problem. Even if solved, they remain open. If there was a 'fix' suggested and the ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) followed that and didn't respond or mark the thread SOLVED, not much could be done probably, especially IF the OP never followed up and said it worked. Maybe a MODERATOR could mark it SOLVED but without the OP saying so it might not be.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E