Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant reach full connection speed while using X6 R8000

geekabit
Aspirant

Cant reach full connection speed while using X6 R8000

Recently i have upgraded my fiber internet plan from 400/60 Mbs to 900/135 Mbs.

Sadly i cant take any advantage 😞

When I'm connecting through my X6 R8000 (PPPoE)  instead of a direct connection  - i cant reach speeds higher than ~230 / 120 Mbs.

When i use a direct connection from my computer (also PPPoE) i can expect around 400-500 / 120-140 Mbs.

Any ideas what could be the reason ?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Cant reach full connection speed while using X6 R8000

what firmware version are you on? 

did you ever have qos, traffic monitoring, parental controls, or access controls enabled?

If so, I'd start by disabling them and rebooting the system. if that doesn't help, try factory resetting the router and doing a clean install (by clean i mean not using a backup configuration). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what firmware version are you on? 

did you ever have qos, traffic monitoring, parental controls, or access controls enabled?

If so, I'd start by disabling them and rebooting the system. if that doesn't help, try factory resetting the router and doing a clean install (by clean i mean not using a backup configuration). 

Message 2 of 5
geekabit
Aspirant

My firmware: V1.0.4.68_10.1.75

i havent touched settings that you mentioned.

After I did factory reset my connection speed got back to normal ~ 720/115 Mbs :)))

Sadly now I cant change SSID or password to Wireless :// Im getting "This DFS channel is not allowed to use because the Radar was detected before. You can change another channel or wait" message ...Anyways thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 5

@geekabit wrote:

Sadly now I cant change SSID or password to Wireless :// Im getting "This DFS channel is not allowed to use because the Radar was detected before. You can change another channel or wait" message ...Anyways thanks for your help!

What shows that message?

If you can get into the browser graphical user interface (GUI) there shouldn't be anything to get in the way.

For light relief, try this:

This DFS Channel is not allowed to use becase the ... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 5
geekabit
Aspirant

Thanks a lot, but i managed to change SSID and password by changing region from Europe to Australia and backwords.
Its a messy workaround but it works for me 😜

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7