Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant register my router to the readyCLOUD account

Snailstick
Aspirant

Cant register my router to the readyCLOUD account

I am trying to get readyCLOUD up and running. I have created an account on readyCLOUD but when I try to register my router in the router interface with the login and password from readyCLOUD it doesnt work.

About 20 secs after entering username and password it simply says that registration failed and that I should check my username and pw. I have now tried it several times, chaning the password a few times as well. Nothing works.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Snailstick Can you try to login now on your ReadyCloud account? This should be fixed now.
Let me know if you're still having problems.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 19

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Snailstick,

Welcome to the community!

Please let us know what NETGEAR product model number you have. Is this a router or a ReadyNAS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 19
Snailstick
Aspirant

Hi oh it's a r7000 ac1900 nighthawk router I think it's called. The version of the firmware is V1.0.5.48_1.1.79.

Is that what you asked for?

Message 3 of 19
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Snailstick Our engineers are aware of this. Will provide an update soon.

Message 4 of 19
warbler
Guide

Have the same exact problem. There is NO ReadyCLOUD radio button with the newest firmware 1.0.2.2. Would appreciate any help. Nighthawk X4 R7500 V2.

Message 5 of 19
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

R7500 does not support ReadyCloud.

See the compatibility list here.

Message 6 of 19
warbler
Guide

Hi Elaine, thank you for the reply. My USB storage access is very limited, i.e. only some files were shown. I thought ReadyCLOUD would register my router and allow access to my USB drive. Is there any way to access my usb drive like Windows File Explorer? 

Message 7 of 19
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@warbler What's the capacity of the USB drive you've connected? Are you using eSATA or regular USB?

The USB drive can always be accessed through Windows File Explorer (\\readyshare). Are you trying to access it locally or remotely?

Message 8 of 19
storm1985
Prodigy

@warbler to access your  USB storage remotely you can use FTP over Internet

Message 9 of 19
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Snailstick Can you try to login now on your ReadyCloud account? This should be fixed now.
Let me know if you're still having problems.

Message 10 of 19
Snailstick
Aspirant

I have no idea what you did but you are a FANTASTIC person. It's working perfectly now. Awesome support!

Thanks a lot for the superfast answers and solution!

Message 11 of 19
warbler
Guide

Thank you all. I found out that my R7500V2 is not supported by Readycloud so no registration is possible. My Toshiba portable HD is 2GB with music and movies connected to the USB1 port. I can access it now with //ReadyShare in Windows10. With my Google Chromebook I am having a little of a problem. Will try FTP as suggested. Although Chromebook might not allow it.

Message 12 of 19

Im having issues with this. tried changing passwords to simple ones, tried new user account, nothing is working. Looks like its still broken.

Message 13 of 19
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wyliesdiesels Are you also using the same model number?

I just tried logging in again and there are no problems.

Message 14 of 19

Im using an R7000.

I finally got it to work the same day.

After about 2hrs of trying different combinations i got it to work. Not sure what the deal is. I think i also got it to work with firefox after trying with chrome and IE.
Message 15 of 19
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the update!

Glad that it's now working.

Message 16 of 19
rodelco
Star

I just purchased and installed an R6400 AC1750 Router and have a WD Passport Ultra 1TB external hard drive plugged in to the USB 3.0 port on the front.  I can access this drive from my Windows 10 PC just fine.  I am trying to get ReadyCloud set up but am having similar problems to those posted here.  I have a ReadyCloud account, and can log in using the web just fine.  When I try to register my USB device and router from the router's interface, it says "Registration failed. Please check your user name and password and try again."

Message 17 of 19

@rodelco have you solved ? I have same router and same problem...how did you solved if so?
Message 18 of 19
rodelco
Star

Not really.  It has worked occasionally for me in the past, but to be honest I don't use it much.  I just tried again today, and am having no luck connecting from my Android phone on the wireless network.  It sees the R6400 modem online, but when I click on Devices, it just says "Connecting..." forever.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7