Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Change wirless ssid name

jim4824
Aspirant

Change wirless ssid name

I have a nighthawk R7800  dual band router.  It  was setup with only one SSID name so the 2.4 and 5.o ghz was not differentiated in the network name.   Now I need to sometimes only access the 2.4 GHZ with my cell phone that works on both 2.4 and 5.0.  How do I change the wireless network name to have it showing two seperate SSID's one for 2.4 and one for 5.0 GHZ ?

Thank You 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Change wirless ssid name

In version 1.0.2.52 of the firmware, smart connect was added to the R7800. Maybe the "applies to" didn't get updated. but if you're on that version or newer, you should have smart connect. 

The same article walks through disabling it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 4
jim4824
Aspirant

Thank you but this article does not appear to apply to the R7800 router, (at least its not listed as one of the routers the article applies to) I have a dual band not a tri band router.  Right now there only 1 wireless network name for the 2.4 and 5.0 ghz bands.  I want to go back to 2 seperate wireless network names - one for 2.4 and one for 5.0.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

In version 1.0.2.52 of the firmware, smart connect was added to the R7800. Maybe the "applies to" didn't get updated. but if you're on that version or newer, you should have smart connect. 

The same article walks through disabling it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7