× Some paid Circle Parental controls customers may be showing free options only. Router firmware correcting this issue will be available ASAP. Visit Status.NETGEAR.com for updates.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted

Chat Support

Why does not Netgear have a Chat Line to fix some of these problems?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: Chat Support

They have Chat support. Registered device would get free 90 days support for phone and chat but I think some devices have longer chat support. You could ask the moderators here for more information.

Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I registered my product last week, but am not eligible for chat support because, and this is the strange part, my 3 months chat support ended on 25th July 2019.

Not only do Netgear make routers, they have also invented time travel.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted

Using this place to get help might be quicker than building your own Tardis.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Master

@Ruddy52 wrote:

I registered my product last week, but am not eligible for chat support because, and this is the strange part, my 3 months chat support ended on 25th July 2019.

Not sure where you looked, but if it is the matrix for the router at MY SUPPORT it usually shows the END DATE? After that has passed the big red X is in the box?

If you registered on April 27th (4/27) or so (for counting 90 days) than July 25th is the end date. That box should be a link or one near it? Mine is past so I can't see where it would be?

Post a screenshot please?

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

On the warranty information page it shows the option for me to to have Chat Support for 90 days after my registration date of 26th April. 

When I attempt to contact them through the My Support, this is the message I get:

As you can see, there is no option for me to chat with them, only to consult the Community, or the Knowledge Base.

2019-05-08_16-04-26.jpg

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

Brilliant, Netgear Web devs at it's best again @Christian_R @ChristineT  ... new bug on the support system! 

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

At least it does not appear as a global issue - or not because I have another end date here:

90 days complimentary support.PNG

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Master

@Ruddy52 wrote:

Wonder where they got the flux capacitor.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

@myersw wrote:

@Ruddy52 wrote:

Wonder where they got the flux capacitor.

They might have acquired the legacy of DeLorean Motor Company.

Message 10 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Ruddy52

I'd like to help with support getting in contact with you. Please send me a message with your email address and serial number. 

~Christian 

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Luminary

@Ruddy52 

Not only do Netgear make routers, they have also invented time travel. <-- This made my day. Hahaha.

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

!

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 13 of 13