Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Chromecast still not working.

GeekGirrl
Tutor

Chromecast still not working.

Anyone have success with their Nighthawk and Chromecast yet? I still cant even see chromecast on my pc steadily. I've done many tweaks to the router per this community and google with no luck yet.

I've tried:

Changing wifi channels.

Turning off 5ghz band.

Enabling Ipv6

Disableing upnp

Lowering the mgz from 600 to 289 on 2.4

and a few others I dont remember.

Even worked with tech support at netgear. They had little clue. Said they never had this issue before with their routers. ROFLOL. Do they not read there own community issues? Seems people have had this issue for years. 

Any ideas on this issue?  Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
GeekGirrl
Tutor

I guess I fixed the issue. Only one pc was having the issue so I just had to update chrome on that pc. Simply fix that is not on any other post or even in the suggested fixes at chromecast. I guess I always expect chrome to be up to date but it wasnt. My bad. Keeping the router for now as it rocks eventhough netgear support is horrible.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
GeekGirrl
Tutor

Update: I just talked with Netgear tech support and they will not assist you in setting up any device that nolonger works with your new netgear router. So I'm taking my netgear router back and buying an Asus or Linksys router. Maybe I'll have better luck with their tech support. I would advice anyone with chromecast to never buy a netgear router. Too many issues. Just google it and you will see. Good luck 🙂

Message 2 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @GeekGirrl

I apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you.

What's the current firmware version installed on your router?

Have you tried following the steps provided in this link?

Message 3 of 7
GeekGirrl
Tutor

LOL, the link you attached doesnt work.

Message 4 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 5 of 7
GeekGirrl
Tutor

I guess I fixed the issue. Only one pc was having the issue so I just had to update chrome on that pc. Simply fix that is not on any other post or even in the suggested fixes at chromecast. I guess I always expect chrome to be up to date but it wasnt. My bad. Keeping the router for now as it rocks eventhough netgear support is horrible.

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad that it's all working right now.

Have a great day!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation