Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm1100 Modem connected to the internet, but wifi says connected without internet

Cpete2528
Tutor

Cm1100 Modem connected to the internet, but wifi says connected without internet

My internet is working when lan connected to my PC.  But, when I try to use wifi it says connected without internet.  Please help.  thank you.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Cpete2528
Tutor

Re: Cm1100 Modem connected to the internet, but wifi says connected without internet

I went back and tried the nighthawk app again and it worked. Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Cm1100 Modem connected to the internet, but wifi says connected without internet

The CM1100 is a modem, not a router. 

So its not controlling the wifi. 

What router is connected to the modem?

The CM1100 has 2x ethernet ports but the majority of ISP's only allow 1 device to be connected to it at a time. Is anything else connected to the modem? if so, disconnect everything from the modem and power it off for 2 minutes (and your router). Then power the modem back on and give it 2 minutes. Then connect the router back to it and power the router on. 

Message 2 of 10
Cpete2528
Tutor

I have the AX4300 router. I have tried unplugging and plugging in several times.
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

@Cpete2528 wrote:
I have the AX4300 router. I have tried unplugging and plugging in several times.

AX4300 is a speed, not a model. 

Tried plugging/unplugging? 

Is anything else connected to the modem?

Message 4 of 10
Cpete2528
Tutor

AX6 nighthawk. Nothing else is connected.
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

AX6 isn't a model either......

What firmware are you on? 

Wired devices work connected to the router? 

Message 6 of 10
Cpete2528
Tutor

Sorry. RAX45. How do I go about finding the type of firmware or updating?
Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

You can find manuals, guides, and even the firmware at the support site. 

Nighthawk RAX45 | WiFi 6 Router | NETGEAR Support

I'd recommend checking out the manual. 

Message 8 of 10

@Cpete2528 wrote:

My internet is working when lan connected to my PC.  But, when I try to use wifi it says connected without internet.  Please help.  thank you.

Sounds like it could be the wifi devices rather than the router.

What wifi clients?

Message 9 of 10
Cpete2528
Tutor

I went back and tried the nighthawk app again and it worked. Thank you for your time.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7